Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas

Penelope Douglas doing what she does best – writing romance about some very flawed characters. Douglas doesn’t write about the adorably messed-up (“my wife died in a fire and now I’m a guilt-ridden fireman who will set your panties aflame but can never give you my charred heart.” Damn. That wasn’t bad. Maybe I should start writing this stuff…but I digress). She writes about characters so selfish, twisted, violent or careless that they are truly unlikable. And that’s a lot of the fun in reading her books – at some point you’re prolly gonna be okay with both main characters killing one another in a bizarre duel and Douglas just starting again from scratch.

Synopsis – Misha and Ryan are childhood pen-pals grown into high school. When Misha accidentally meets Ryan he kinda thinks she sucks. So he goes about fixing it – in his own awful way. There are twists. Meanness. Sex. Intrigue. Vile characters. And lots of character growth.

Douglas’s Corrupt is one of my favorite books of all time. I nearly puked reading that thing – and I would do it again in a heartbeat. This book took me about 20% to get into, but once I did I read the remaining 80% in one sitting. I love Douglas’s brand of stomach-churning, eye-rolling, kindle-throwing, hate-love. Can’t wait to see what she does next.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s